Atmel Bought by Microchip

Because you can do more, with more performance.

Who cares about pinouts? Spin the board if your suppliers croaks. If they're still building the part, why would you want to change?

You're lying, again.

Reply to
krw

Can you suggest any specific part numbers? Thanks.

Reply to
Paul Rubin

Atmel M0s.

Reply to
krw

The comparison was with the Nucleo 32 board, not a bare package.

Maybe I'd like to publish the design so other people can make their own. People like cheap stuff.

DIP is easier for prototyping or hand assembly, and then it's nice to have a compatible SMT part if a board is being made someplace.

Reply to
Paul Rubin

Yes I know about those but they're not really comparable.

That's interesting and worth keeping in mind. I'd seen the maple mini before but didn't know about these clones.

In reality the AVR is more than powerful enough for most of the things they are used for: monitor a few pushbuttons, turn a light on and off, etc. High computational power has its uses but I'm also interested in micropower devices where the cpu runs at a few khz, just enough to run an RTC and a few gpio inputs.

Reply to
Paul Rubin

But he was correct that you are trolling.

Who cares about pinouts. Who cares about the same peripherals. So where is the second sourcing this is about, Einstein.

I have yet to see a post of yours which is other than trolling, could you please keep them within SED, not that CAE is perfect but we don't have any regular trolls.

Dimiter

------------------------------------------------------ Dimiter Popoff, TGI

Dimiter_Popoff

You're as stupid as he is, obviously.

The peripherals are very similar. If your code isn't a pile of spaghetti, changing one peripheral for another isn't a huge problem. The hard stuff doesn't have to change.

To put it another way, "here's your sign."

A disagreement is not a troll, stupid.

Reply to
krw

Perhaps so, engaging in an exchange with the troll of the group I have known to be that for many years. Not the brightest thing to waste my time with indeed.

So you have to redesign the board, you have to modify the software and you have a "second source". Whoever told you you have anything to do with design and programming has lied.

Yeah, feel free to disagree you are a troll. Or that 1+1=2, whatever.

Dimiter

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

Yet you insist on doing what you think to be stupid. That *is* classical stupid.

Better than having no product to sell. Yes.

Yet you're stupid enough to continue doing something that you think is stupid. Amazing. ...or you're just another liar.

Reply to
krw

So where did I lie, Einstein.

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

You don't read very well. Either you're stupid or you're a liar. Pick one.

Reply to
krw

Ah, so there is an "either/or" now. Like your second sourced MCU-s which nobody second sources, I see.

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

You said it. I just clarified the choice.

Now who's trolling? So, I'm to assume the answer is "liar". Good enough.

Reply to
krw

You have yet to point to a lie I have told. You know you cannot - you must have been trying all day. So you are lying, clearly you take being a liar as something casual. One more reason for me to dislike you.

Obviously once I have been stupid enough to engage with a troll I will be trolling, too. Being the group's troll for years does not make you own the rights for that, you know.

I will not have the patience to troll you out of your habits of course, this would take days and days, but I can have some fun while you moan trying to unsay the nonsense you have said or at least steer the troll exchange elsewhere.

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

Can you two get a room?

Reply to
Paul Rubin

Since you're illiterate, I'll map out the obvious for you.

- You said you didn't like talking to trolls - You accused me of being a troll - yet you insist on continuing this thread So either - you're stupid because you're doing what you don't want to do - you're a liar because you do enjoy arguing with those who you accuse of being trolls - you lied that I'm a troll.

Boo Hoo, you don't like me.

So you admit that you are stupid. Too stupid to read, for sure.

So you don't like yourself either. That's understandable.

Reply to
krw

Most of the above is true, yes. "Insist" is not true but I do continue it for now, just as you do.

I have done stupid things in the past and I probably will do some in the future, yes. I knew you were a troll and I knew you would respond the way you did beforehand; but I did take some fun of cornering you about the nonsense you said trying to demonstrate knowledge you do not have because I dislike you.

I don't understand "those two", sorry. Are you that? This would be a medical issue.

Yes. Both of you I suppose?

No, this is a fact. I have not seen one post of yours with substance and I have seen tens of your posts. Most of them are plain trolling.

I have no problem admitting I have been stupid of course. Why are you so frightened of doing so?

I don't spend much time thinking about liking myself or not so I don't know that. But I certainly don't produce the reasons to be disliked which you produce.

You could of course have said you were wrong to claim there were ARM MCUs which have a second source, everybody says something stupid sometimes, and there would have been less posts demonstrating your incompetence.

Be my guest, I'll stop when I get tired of it but I am not there yet.

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

I'm not the one who made the original assertion.

You're lying, again. In case you hadn't noticed, I really don't care whether you like me or beer, for that matter. You really appear to be lying, though. You simply can't stop yourself.

Of course you don't. You're stupid, remember?

More evidence of "stupid".

Well, it appears that the real answer may be "stupid liar". That works.

Frightened? No, you were the one who objected to either possibility that I proposed for your posting. Since you've admitted that you're stupid (after proving that you're illiterate), we only have to nail down "liar". You seem to be working on that one, now, too.

You lie to yourself, too. Makes sense.

There is only one manufacturer of ARM CPUs? You're either stupid or a liar (but both, now seems to be the more reasonable answer).

Keep going. You're simply proving that you're stupid and a liar, the more you post.

Reply to
krw

Lying seems to be quite a part of your life, eh? You keep on talking about it in a clearly disturbed way, you want so much to catch me in a lie. Well, you cannot - and better stop trying because you won't, ever. You can only get suffocated of anger in your frustration, the symptoms are already there to see.

Ah, you are already gulping. Suffocating may come next, beware.

Whatever works for you, just try not to suffocate. And yes you are a troll, a classic case. Do you really don't know it after all these years?

So you are frightened to admit you are incompetent and are frightened to think why.

No, though I may occasionally be deluded like most people. Lying is part of your life, not mine, remember.

You insist on demonstrating incompetence. Learn the meaning of "second source". I was with the impression someone was paying you to be an engineer of sorts?

Your turn, demonstrate some more incompetence. I may be losing the interest, you have to do better than just raging around if you want to keep me in.

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

As long as I don't have to watch.

lunatic fringe electronics