Atmel atiny11 internal clock range

comp.arch.embedded Atmel atiny11 internal clock range

Has anyone seen a min/max spec. for Atmel's atiny11? The documentation here is dated 07/06, presumably june, 2006 and states only 1 megcps; no range, no thermal coeficient.

Hul

Reply to
Hul Tytus

dated 07/06, presumably june, 2006 and states only 1 megcps; no range, no thermal coeficient.

See page 69 - for the ATTiny11 the watchdog oscillator is used when you select internal clocking.

kevin

Reply to
kevin93

Can't speak to that. If you're working on a new design, be aware that the ATTINY11 appears to be going obsolete. After doing a first article with Digikey last month for a preprogrammed ATTINY11, they told me that I had to convert to the ATTINY11B.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Jim - I've missed your meaning. What do you mean by "first article with digikey" and "preprogrammed atiny11".

Hul

Jim Stewart wrote:

Reply to
dr

I did a new design last month using the ATTINY11. I don't want to program thousands of ATTINY11's at my desk so I sent the hex code to digikey so they could program them for me. They happily did that, sending me a "first article" to approve. One month later, they told my purchasing lady that the ATTINY11 was obsolete.

A "first article" is the first copy of a custom or fabricated device that is sent to the designer so that he/she can verify that it meets specification.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Jim - thanks. I had thought maybe you were writing a magazine article.

Concerning the atiny11b, will the change cause you any major reworking?

Hul

Jim Stewart wrote:

Reply to
dr

Thanks Kevin. A look at the graph shows why it's a graph & not a formal specification. Atmel's documentation can be a bit vague at times.

Hul

kev> > comp.arch.embedded

is dated 07/06, presumably june, 2006 and states only 1 megcps; no range, no thermal coeficient.

Reply to
dr

dated 07/06, presumably june, 2006 and states only 1 megcps; no range, no thermal coeficient.

What did you expect ?. This is a first generation device, and at a bottom-feeder/consumer price.

Testing time is expensive; if you want Min/Max guarantees, you will need to pay more to get that.

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville