ATmega8515 Fuse bits newbie

I am a new AVR user.I am having a similar problem.I'll explain

1)My programmer is STK200 based.I am using LPT1 pins as below 6=SCk 7=MOSI 9=RST 10=MISO 2 and 12 shorted 3 and 11 shorted

Now I have pony prog as well as Codevision's inbuilt programmer. Before flashing this IC i tried reading its flash/eeprom etc and good,bot softwares read the mega8515. Now I am using external xtal 4MHz so (in codevision,I checked) CKOPT CKSEL3 2 1 0 SUT1 I did not touch Boot Lock Bit0 and Bit1 (default setting is B01=B02=1 and B11=B12=0)

Now I hit program flash with a hex file.The mega8515 is programmed,and it flash is verified.(I can see the progress bar)

After this I again try to read the mega8515 but now ponyprog an codevision cant read the device. I therefore put a fresh mega8515 and it is recognised by both(so n problem with the flasher ckt) but not the already 'fused' mega. Have I done anything wrong here Please help

Reply to
abicash

What about lock bits 1 and 2? they will lock you out. Put the processor in and click 'erase ' and see if you can now read the CPU......

Reply to
TT_Man