ATmega168 isp programming problem

I've been using avr for quite some time now, but recently I encountered problem programming atmega168 using ISP:

set up- JTAG ICE mkII, ISP connector to atmega168 atmega168 uses internal oscillator nothing is connected to the reset pin except for the nSRST of mkII.

For the first few tries, programming works fine for a fresh chip. The same code can be programmed to the chip more than once After which it fails to be programmed. I also noticed that the reset pin is now stuck low when this happens.

I urgently need help!!

Thank you very much in advance, avr_guy

Reply to
avr_guy

"avr_guy" skrev i meddelandet news:JOSdnR0T86KaAnranZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

You probably configured the reset pin/PC6 to be an I/O pin.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson