AT91SAM9260 booting and board questions

I am interested in both the AT91RM9200 and AT91SAM9260. Schematics for the AT91RM9200 are available on the internet but there is nothing on the 9260. What's the best (and hopefully cheapest) way of investigating both chips. I want to build a board around one or the other but right now leaning towards the 9200.

If anyone else plans on using either of the above chip for a board, please chime in.... now :-)

Reply to
vorange

I am looking at spinning an ARM9/11 board and have not yet picked a chip yet. Why have you narrowed down to one of these two?

Reply to
rickman

Check out

If You look at
at the AT91SAM9260 or AT91SAM9260EK pages, there are "Hardware Files" which should contain what you want.

The AT91SAM9260 is basically a cheap Linux capable CPU. The AT91RM9200 has ETM and more pins, it is more expensive. Otherwise the functionality is more or less the same.

Between the two, I would go for the SAM9260, which has a more modern bootROM allowing high speed production less external components, will run a little faster, and there is a roadmap to even faster chips.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

you might want to wait a few days, until full info on AT91SAM9XE512 is released. There is a press release on the web, but full info is timed with ESC. [As is the new FLASH AVR32's ]

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

The point of the eval board is to demo as many features of the chip as practical, so that add both. Also, note that different Flash parts have different lifetimes in regards to how many times they can be rewritten. Then of course, there is cost. So some project will be happy with a smaller (both in size and capacity) serial part or you might need a full blown Gb NAND flash.

Reply to
rickman