AT91RM9200-EK & BasicGraphicDisplay

Hi!

I'm trying to have the BasicGraphicDisplay sample (provided on Atmel C
with the eval board) working on my board. I believe some of the example
provided with the board only apply to the DK, not the EK. But since al
the hardware is here (clock generator and display controller), this on
should work.

When I ran the program, I received this message :
"ICS1523 Clock Generator Init failed"

After a few checkings, it appeared that an instruction failed in the setu
of the clock generator (ics1523.c) :
ack = AT91F_ICS1523_WriteByte ( ( unsigned char ) ICS_ICR, ( unsigned cha
) 0 ) ;
by "failed" I mean ack = ICS1523_ACCESS_ERROR
it is the first instruction of that kind in the program. the others worke
fine : ack = ICS1523_ACCESS_OK

I found a workaround : I repeated the instruction twice. It looks jus
like that :
ack = AT91F_ICS1523_WriteByte ( ( unsigned char ) ICS_ICR, ( unsigned cha
) 0 ) ;
ack = AT91F_ICS1523_WriteByte ( ( unsigned char ) ICS_ICR, ( unsigned cha
) 0 ) ;

This way, the first fails, but the second works fine. Anyway, "ICS152
Clock Generator Init OK" is displayed on the debug port.

It should be alright then. Unfortunately, nothing is displayed on m
screen. In both cases (Init KO or Init OK) some frequencies are output b
the clock generator. But nothing seems to come out of the VGA port wher
the screen is plugged.

Anyone had this sample working ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jérôme

www.EmbeddedRelated.com

Re: AT91RM9200-EK & BasicGraphicDisplay

If you ask the question on the www.at91.com forums you might have better
luck
since this is read by the Atmel support team.

--
A. P. Richelieu

Re: AT91RM9200-EK & BasicGraphicDisplay

Thanks