AT91RM9200 bootloaders (to boot into u-boot)

I have a board based on the AT91RM9200, and want to boot from SPI dataflash. The loader will proceed to boot u-boot (Which is too big for the ROM bootloader to handle). I have read the atmel appnote on that, but boot program will need to be changed. My SDRAM is configured differently than the DK. The program with the appnote includes source, but it is missing quite a bit to be able to be compiled with the GNU tools. I also am unsure of the copyright implications of modifying it. Does anyone know if there is a good replacement for this program or a good place to start?

Darrell Harmon

Reply to
Darrell Harmon

Just in case anyone does a search and finds this I have mostly written a bootloader which should be easier to modify to match a boards configuration. It is not intended to replace u-boot, but will boot u-boot. I will put it on my website at

when it it complete. The license will be the GPL.

Darrell Harmon

Reply to
Darrell Harmon

Why you don't use the atmel one ? it is complete of sources and you can find it at the atmel website on the application notes section.

Bye, Stefano.

Darrell Harm> Just in case anyone does a search and finds this I have mostly written

Reply to
Stefano Coluccini