At89C51RD2 ISP Programming

Hello all,

I'm using the at89C51RD2 in an current application where I;m trying to use the Flip and the RS232 ISP programming. I programmed a virgin chip perfectly the first time and was amazed at how easy it was. Now that I'm trying to program it again though I'm having problems. The flip software is giving me an error message about a software timeout.

I've done nothing with ALE I've tied EA high and I use switches to give me the correct orientations on RESET and PSEN.

I release my reset switch first.. and then I release my PSEN switch.

Any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
hb