assembly code for parsing Motorola S19

The project I have requires me to parse S19 (S1, S9, S2, S8 and so on ) code
in a 68HC11 and/or 68HC12. Do you all know if such code available on the
web. I prefer assembly version, 68HC11 does not have too much memory space
for this plus my application code.

I don't want to reinvent the code and debug it if it is already available...

Thanks!

CW

Re: assembly code for parsing Motorola S19

You should be able to find the source for a 6811 debug monitor program
(Buffalo?) hanging around the web, this will have the required code in it.

Paul Burke

Re: assembly code for parsing Motorola S19

code
available...

Would you please be a little more specific. Would you:

1. Parse the S-record binary format for loading, or

2. Parse the binary records and dis-assemble the binary?

There are tools to do the parsing.

The GNU binutils toolkit contains the objcopy utility which usually knows
about Motorola S-records (key: srec), and it's able to copy it to e.g. pure
binary.

There are also numerous disassemblers around, but then we need the target
CPU type.

For a description of the S-records, see e.g.
<http://www.amelek.gda.pl/avr/uisp/srecord.htm .

HTH

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio @ iki fi

Re: assembly code for parsing Motorola S19
I mainly have a 68HC11 (68HC12 next) to drive some DACs (a test fixture for
another more complex system), and data tables driving DACs are loaded in S19
format. So the requirement is to parse the S-record for loading.

I will check out the debug monitor in Paul's earlier post. Thanks...

CW

space
pure

Site Timeline