ASCII/VT-100 Oscilloscope, TinyBasic & other diversions

Greetings:

For a change of pace (or a hands-on introduction to using an in-circuit emulator), please try:

Here you will have realtime access to ICE hardware and you can compile/assemble/execute/debug example code or your own code. Please try the DC-200Hz digital oscilloscope and my take on Tom Pittman's 1977 TinyBasic interpreter available both the in the 'precompiled' and 'ucos-ii compile' sections.

The 'scope has standard controls like horiz. timebase selection, vert. position, scale illum., triggered- sweep (positive slope) or free-run, trace freeze, etc.; feel free to add features like delayed-sweep, one-shot, coarse vertical gain (using a to d scaling), etc. I will add a voltage controlled preamp to the vertical at some point with gain selection and the rest of the features expected on a 'scope.

I have configured TinyBasic with 4k of core which is enough for most of the antique applications which it hosted; for now please try the few samples in the menu. I will be adding more entertaining ones.

The site does not provide exclusive access; please 'log in' to the irc chat session at the bottom of the main page when you are using the emulator and co-ordinate activity with others 'in the queue'. The chat applet needs fixing: it will scroll the message buffer with each 'PING? PONG!' message even if they are hidden so after about ten minutes past text has vanished, and automatic join of the channel doesn't work. You will need to type /join #hmi-200 in the entry box and also make your presence known every so often.

Examples in the 'compile' section are very basic demonstrations of techniques on the target and do not represent best practices; examples in the 'ucos-ii compile' and 'precompiled' sections are more edifying.

Please read the 'quick start guide' (a conveniently floating window and printer-friendly) for operational notes.

Interesting code is very welcome and will be added to the menus.

Regards,

Michael Grigoni Cybertheque Museum

Reply to
msg

Please forgive the sudden problems with the domain; I am working right now to resolve them...

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg

I didn't get an e-mail from the registrar for renewal so my memory was vague as to the date; it's renewed but I'm not certain how long it will take for dns to update.

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg

All fixed; please try it.

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg

Please try this and let me know how it worked and what problems you may have had. This is sort of a 'roll your own' IDE that I use frequently and so I don't have the perspective of an outside user. Try to compile, load and run the 'getch-putch-siren' app.; a successful run will be obvious on this end:-).

Some folks running Firefox on Linux have had problems with the video; I'd also appreciate feedback about the video and audio and what browser/os you are using.

Thanks to all,

Regards,

Michael

Reply to