ARM9TDMI ? current consumption.

Hi, I'm trying to get an estimate of the power consumption of the simputer handheld.

Here are some specs: CPU: ARM9TDMI RAM: 32MB screen size: 320x240

Has ARM got a low power standby mode ? Would such a device use SRAM ? How is the price differential these days between SRAM and DRAM ? I'm guessing that the screen uses little current ?

Thanks for any answers/pointers.

-- Chris Glur.

Reply to
eas-lab

Yes in general.

No. use SDRAM generally

SDRAM 32MB : about 4~5$ SRAM 32MB : too expensive. (over 40$. I think)

If you use back light, it could consume so much current. consider about it.

Reply to
Jongbum Park