ARM9 Debugging with Chameleon POD ?

We just want to advice you that our Chameleon POD product and our Raven
configuration was tested successfully for ATMEL ARM9 AT91M4200 Debug.

We have tested using GNU GDB tools, OCD Commander and Greenhills.
(including breakpoint)

Our Chameleon POD can operate as a true Raven with a max JTAG 8MHz TCK.
Comes with an 20-pin adapter for only EUR159.-- (worldwide 3 days shipping)

A low cost solution for students, labs and hobbyist.

Laurent
www.amontec.com

Re: ARM9 Debugging with Chameleon POD ?
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 00:35:00 +0100, "Amontec Team, Laurent Gauch"

Hello Laurent,

I've never heard of the AT91M4200 - do you mean the AT91RM9200?

I have tried to use your Chameleon POD with an AT91RM9200 based system
(Cogent CSB337) and have never been able to get breakpoints to operate
correctly.

Once the first braekpoint has been hit, I have never been able to
continue code execution.

GDB version tried have been 5.2,5.3,6.0 and earlier, using the pod as
a wiggler and Raven (at all possible speeds).

Can you clarify your post to say which Atmel device, GDB version, and
ocdemon libremote version you have used.

Re: ARM9 Debugging with Chameleon POD ?

Hello?

Re: ARM9 Debugging with Chameleon POD ?
Hi John,

There are software and hardware breakpoints.

We do not have test hardware breakpoint, we don't know how to use it for
AT91RM4200, we have to work on.

Software breakpoint was checked successfully using
Linux:
   GDB 5.0
Windows :
   Cygwin 1005.5.0.0
   Insight 5.2.1
   (OCDRemoteLib coming with the Insight 5.2.1)

Laurent Gauch
www.amontec.com

Re: ARM9 Debugging with Chameleon POD ?

Hello,

I've acquired a chameleon pod hardware and downloaded configuration software
from your site. I've successfully configured the the POD as RAVEN device.

Then I've switched to my Linux machine which is DELL inspiron 7000 running
Mandrake 9.1 system.
Attached the pod to my at91rm9200dk board

I've downloaded and installed OcdLibRemote package from
http://www.ocdemon.com/OCDemonLinux.html

I've launched OcdLibRemote -c ARM9 -a 0&

and gave to my gdb the command:
target remote 192.168.0.182

I've got following results from the gdb
Remote debugging using 192.168.0.182:8888
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Remote communication error: Connection reset by peer.

The OcdLibRemote exited

I've relaunched it under strace and found that upon connection request it
tries to open the device /dev/ocdemonpp-1
which is non-existent on my system, so i did a mknod for it using MAJOR and
MINOR dev numbers from /dev/ocdemonpp0 which DID exist.

I've relaunched :
OcdLibRemote -c ARM9 -a 0&
and got
[1] 3355
Started listening socket on port 8888.
OcdLibRemote ARM9: RAVEN via LPT 0 at speed : 1

and again gave target command to GDB...
this time the response was:

Remote debugging using 192.168.0.182:8888
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
Couldn't establish connection to remote target
Malformed response to offset query, timeout
(gdb)

I've tried again with: target remote 192.168.0.182:8888
and this time got:
Remote debugging using 192.168.0.182:8888
Couldn't establish connection to remote target

and the OcdRemoteLib said:
OCDemon initialization error : Not In Background

Please advice...
Vadim

Site Timeline