ARM7TDMI processors with 32-bit capture timers?

I'm trying to find an ARM chip that has a 32 bit capture timer. I can't find any
from Atmel.
Does anyone else make such a thing?

Re: ARM7TDMI processors with 32-bit capture timers?
david snipped-for-privacy@xdevnullx.com says...
any from Atmel.
Philips, all of their ARM (LPC2000) timers appear to be 32bits.

Robert

Re: ARM7TDMI processors with 32-bit capture timers?
any from Atmel.

  Maybe Philips LPC213x series, and the TI TMS470's have advanced
timers, with
a small timer control unit (opcodes) ?.
-jg

Re: ARM7TDMI processors with 32-bit capture timers?
"David Lawson"  wrote  I'm trying to find an ARM chip that has a 32 bit
capture timer. I can't find any from Atmel.

The Philips LPC2000 series have 2 32 bit timers with 3 or 4 32 bit capture
channels each.

http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/catalog/45988/45993/index.html#45993

Richard Tuffin

Re: ARM7TDMI processors with 32-bit capture timers?

any from Atmel.

Yes, but in software.  With a 65MHz input to the timer the overflow rate is
1 KHz and easily handled by a 6-instruction software interrupt routine.
At ~1-2 MHz the rate is 30 - 60Hz.  By reading the software counter before and
after reading the hardware timer it is possible to get 100% reliable on-the-fly
counts.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Consulting Engineer:  Electronics; Informatics; Photonics.

If you run at 50 Mhz, and have a top value of 50000, you also get a
free clock tick for an operating system.

The clock tick will update the upper 16 bits for the 32 bit timer,
and the capture interrupt will read from the SRAM location.
Is this to reduce power consumption or to reduce interrupt rates?.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

I was thinking of trying to connect timer2 to timer1 to see if I can get a 32
bit capture to work. I
wasn't sure if that would work. I'm using tioa2 to get a 16 bit capture. I'll
give that a try.

I may need to read some very low rpm's, so 16 bits might not be enough.

I'm running timer0 as the system timer.

David

Site Timeline