ARM7TDMI LPC210x GCC official site?

Hi all!
I'd like to program the Philips LPC210x having the ARM7TDMI core in
Assembler and C. Is there an official GCC site or other free C compiler on
the Net? Googling is just overwhelming...
Regards -
Henry

Re: ARM7TDMI LPC210x GCC official site?
I must add that I'm running Win98SE and Cygnus won't run under Win2000??
What's possible?
- Henry

Re: ARM7TDMI LPC210x GCC official site?

on

1. Cygwin does run under Windows 2000 if properly installed.

2. Cygwin is also runnable under Windows 95.

AFAIK, the standard ARM version of GCC works for ARM7TDMI - I'm using it
daily for AT91's.

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio @ iki fi

Re: ARM7TDMI LPC210x GCC official site?
Hi Tauno!
Sorry for my bad english. I wrote "under" but meant "below". So you're
right!
I downloaded the Keil environment for ARM LPC210x. It includes Cygwin. After
installation the compiler starts but gets errors. In the information
database of Keil I found a message stating Cygwin won't run on Win98. Maybe
it run and the error is of other source??

Can you tell me what I must do to get a working software system here?
BTW: I read on the Cygwin site it WILL run on Win98. Do I need a specific
version? And where to download?
Regards -
Henry

Re: ARM7TDMI LPC210x GCC official site?
Henry,

Please specify WHAT this error is, and what you were attempting to do
at the time!

Re Cygwin: It is strongly not recommended to use the GCC/Cygwin
combination on DOS-based Windows (95, 98 for sure, probably also Me).
In particular, it is difficult to build the cross-compiler in this
environment. Win 95/98/Me should be regarded as "works often, but not
officially supported".

If you are having really intractable problems with the Keil binaries,
try these: <http://www.ocdemon.com/

Re: ARM7TDMI LPC210x GCC official site?
Hi Lewin -
what's the difference between Keil and your link?
- Henry

Lewin A.R.W. Edwards schrieb in Nachricht
After
Maybe

Re: ARM7TDMI LPC210x GCC official site?

I've tried the OCDemon binaries, and I haven't tried the Keil ones.

Re: ARM7TDMI LPC210x GCC official site?

I work for Ashling Microsystems Ltd.

Check out Ashling's LPC2xxxx tools at:

http://www.ashling.com/support/lpc2100/index.html

You can buy the ASK-2100 kit for 250 $s which includes an LPC2100
evaluation board with on-board USB ICE. The kit includes a graphical
IDE/Debugger and pre-built GNU ARM tools with Cygwin. The IDE/Debugger
are time limited to 45-days, there are no contraints on the GNU tools.
Also included are GNU example programs that run on the board.

Site Timeline