ARM7 selection question

I am looking for the an ARM7 system with the following features:
* 256kB on-chip SRAM.
* Ethernet MAC (Could be external)
* USB Device interface (Could be external)
* External interface for several MB of flash memory.

My application:
* No more than about 10 MIPS processing speed, plus any extra for
servicing Ethernet and USB.
* Cost sensitive.
* Planned to stay in production for 5 years.
* Long-term availablity is an important consideration.

So far I am looking at the Atmel AT91R40008 with an external solution
for Ethernet and USB.  Should I be looking at ARM9, or maybe a
Motorola processor?

regards,
Johnny.

Re: ARM7 selection question
On Thu, 27 May 2004 20:39:48 +1000, Johnny

Reading this, I think, a nice selector at www.arm.com would be nice
:-)
---
42Bastian
Re: ARM7 selection question

There is a selection guide (although not altogether up to date) at this
page

http://www.arm.com/markets/microcontrollers /

The direct link is

http://www.arm.com/miscPDFs/3858.pdf

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

snipped-for-privacy@XYarius.com
Re: ARM7 selection question

My vote to AT91R40008. I'm using it in several projects.

The total addressing capability for external bus is
64 Mbytes, including all external peripherals.

For Ethernet I'm using SMSC LAN91C96 for 10 Mbit/s and
LAN91C111 for 10/100 Mbits/s.

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio @ iki fi

Site Timeline