ARM7 selection question

I am looking for the an ARM7 system with the following features:

  • 256kB on-chip SRAM.
  • Ethernet MAC (Could be external)
  • USB Device interface (Could be external)
  • External interface for several MB of flash memory.

My application:

  • No more than about 10 MIPS processing speed, plus any extra for servicing Ethernet and USB.
  • Cost sensitive.
  • Planned to stay in production for 5 years.
  • Long-term availablity is an important consideration.

So far I am looking at the Atmel AT91R40008 with an external solution for Ethernet and USB. Should I be looking at ARM9, or maybe a Motorola processor?

regards, Johnny.

Reply to
Johnny

Reading this, I think, a nice selector at

would be nice :-)

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-)

My vote to AT91R40008. I'm using it in several projects.

The total addressing capability for external bus is

64 Mbytes, including all external peripherals.

For Ethernet I'm using SMSC LAN91C96 for 10 Mbit/s and LAN91C111 for 10/100 Mbits/s.

Tauno Voipio tauno voipio @ iki fi

Reply to
Tauno Voipio

There is a selection guide (although not altogether up to date) at this page

The direct link is

Rick "rickman" Collins

rick.collins@XYarius.com
 Click to see the full signature