arm semihosting through MultiICE

I am trying to understand how semihosting is implemented using the ICE
infrastructure with ARM. Specifically, I am interested in knowing how software
interrupts (SWIs) within the ARM processor interact with overlying
MulitICE emulators once a semihosting operation (such as printf) is
encountered.From what I can see this interrupt handling routine is
inserted into the executable by libraries
that are linked into the application, but have not been able to find their
implementation.
Any information in this regard would be greatly helpful.
Also are there public docs describing the protocol used in interaction
between a MultiICE emulator and an EmbeddedICE module within an ARM
part?
Thanks,
-Bhanu

--
----
"Love your enemies: they'll go crazy trying to figure out what you're up to!"