ARM SBC in arduino form factor?

For a couple of one of a kind projects, I would like to use an ARM
controller in a board that could accept (at least some of the) Arduino
shields.
So far I found the Xduino (status dubious)
and the Cortino ( http://www.bugblat.com/products/cor.html )
Can anybody point to others?

Thanks,

--
Roberto Waltman

Re: ARM SBC in arduino form factor?

Googling "arduino arm" turned up a few things, this included:

<http://leaflabs.com/

    Mel.

Re: ARM SBC in arduino form factor?
http://www.coridiumcorp.com/Products.php

Re: ARM SBC in arduino form factor?

Thank you - I did use google, but I added shields, peripherals etc. to
filter out too many unrelated hits (like "arduino robot arm") and I
missed these two.
The leaflabs boards look interesting.

--
Roberto Waltman

Re: ARM SBC in arduino form factor?

You asked an interesting question, even though it hadn't occurred to me; I
like the leaflab boards too; I'll remember them.  I'm a bit down on Arduino
for a reason that I mentioned here before -- at least one shield board I
find "over-packaged" and inflexible.  The Ardumoto board here is working
fine: lots of fun walking a stepper motor into resonance failure, and
contemplating what a stepper sequencer has to do, but it won't scale beyond
one shield per system without some major carving.  Sometimes a shield is
exactly what I want, and instantly available, and that's great; but given
that I will get pushed into board building eventually, I'm just as apt to
use STAMP-format boards for proof-of-concept; they're frequently cheaper.

    Mel.

Re: ARM SBC in arduino form factor?
mbed (http://mbed.org /) seems to be a good match for you. mbed is based on
the LPC1768 MCU from NXP and is actually smaller than Arduino UNO. The
biggest innovation of mbed is the Cloud-based development environment. The
entire system—editor, compiler, libraries, and reference materials—are
completely web-based. There is no software to install or maintain on the
host system.

---------------------------------------

Re: ARM SBC in arduino form factor?
On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 08:55:40 -0600, "QL"

Station wagon --> Crossover
Big iron --> cloud-based

It's all in how it's marketed.  ;-)

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA

Re: ARM SBC in arduino form factor?

Seems like a very bad idea. What if you need to make some changes a few
years later, and the (original) environment is no longer available ?

I'd rather go through the extra effort of installing the tools locally.

Re: ARM SBC in arduino form factor?

There are other tools that work with the mbed, using the same code.

Leon

Re: ARM SBC in arduino form factor?

http://www.netduino.com /

Re: ARM SBC in arduino form factor?

http://www.coridiumcorp.com/Products.php

Re: ARM SBC in arduino form factor?

I dont have this entire thread handy right now, but my suggestion is the
leaf labs maple.  www.leaflabs.com

Site Timeline