arm processor, dsp and gcc

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right forum. Pls. point me appropriately if not.

My question:

Does anyone know if gcc generates dsp instructions when available for ARM processors such as ARM926EJ-S? If so, what flags must one enable? Even better, can anyone point to sample dsp code for ARM?

Thanks.

Reply to
be.geek

If you use gcc -mcpu=arm926ej-s -o blah blah.c, it ought to generate DSP instructions where appropriate. You can always check, and include inline assembly where needed, or better yet, submit a patch. The gcc folks are pretty responsive to bug reports and patch submissions.

Reply to
jcomeau_ictx

I posted similar question some time ago, now I use the following command: gcc -mtune=arm926ejs .... If you see assambler .S code generated it uses some of these instructions ....

Did you find any patch for gcc or some kind of "dsp libraries" that provide efficient use of these instructions?

Reply to
victorpit