Arm Development Suite version 1.2

We are looking to purchase a seat or standalone license for the Arm Development Suite (ADS) version 1.2.

Does anyone have a license they would like to sell? We have one customer application and can not justify ARM's Obsoletion price

rsliwinski

ADS is licensed via FlexLM just buying the box from someone won't help as you you would still need a license cut by ARM which matches the host id of your machine.

-p

--
Paul Gotch
Paul Gotch

There are ways (legal in some countries) to finagle that, though. The real problem is administrative, not technical: ARM doesn't sell the software, it sells a nontransferable license to use the software.

Reply to
larwe

I presume finger slipped in the spell checker?

I haven't been involved in buying one copy of the software but I can see that the price (last time I checked) is unjustified for (probably) the best compiler on the market for what is a relatively niche product.

It not really ARM's problem that you only want to use it once. You don't normally expect to go into a shop and be able to say "can I buy this as a discount because I only want to use it once".

If you really want to do this on the cheap you should look at the GCC compiler, but (a) IME you will get a significantly interior executable and (b) I'd wager you'll waste as much in man hours using it as you've saved on the cost of the ARM equivalent - it's not the most user friendly tool to use. (Obviously if looking for 100 seats this overhead can be worth the cost, but for one, I wouldn't bother)

tim

Reply to
tim....