ARM: Compiling in debug mode

Hi, can anyone tell me if a library (.lib) that was generated by compiling some C source code with ARM in debug mode could be used to completely "see" the source code by some decompilation programme ?

Reply to
monnomiznogoud

Seriously unlikely.

Decompilation of compiled code works about as well as degrinding hamburgers back into cows. I.e., it doesn't.

Hans-Bernhard Broeker

That's true. There's no way to reconstruct the original source code exactly (e.g. comments are completely gone).

However, though it's a bit tedious it's not that difficult to reverse-engineer the algorithms used by the original library -- especially if debug symbols are there.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm using my X-RAY
                                  at               VISION to obtain a rare

Thanx for responding folks.

Do you know the way to reverse-engineer a library ? Is there any utility available ?

My problem is that: i sent a .lib file > > >> Hi, can anyone tell me if a library (.lib) that was generated by

Reply to
monnomiznogoud