ARINC 429

Has anyone here attempted to use a regular uC to do communications (mostly receiving) with ARINC 429 using a line receiver? Is this going down the wrong road and it would just be better to use a dedicated transceiver chip, like those from Holt/Condor? I would need 4-5 ARINC connections (receiversand was thinking about using the line receivers and interrupt service routines. I did also find a (rather large) chip that had 4 receivers and two transmitters which would be capable of offloading quite a bit of work from the chip. That chip is from DDC. But those aren't exactly cheap :) .

Reply to
wulf.grau

I've done single channel receive of Arinc 429 using an ATMEGA16 and the Holt HI8588 line receiver. I used 2 inputs for the one channel and an ISR. Should work for more channels.

Terry

Reply to
Terry