Are there online courses for embedded sys?

I know there are workshops and such that require a person to be there physically to attend the class. But are there any places where one can take lectures on the web about RTOS, DSP, FPGA.. and other such stuff? Self-study type of courses or courses on the web with instructors on the other end.

I'd like to broaden my knowledge base of embedded systems but not sure how to do it or even what to learn.

Thanks

Reply to
zalzon

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 01:53:25 GMT, zalzon wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

There are some basic courses here:

Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com
FAQs for
comp.lang.c++ http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++
Jack Klein

Yup I've visited that site already.

Any more like it, preferably with greater depth? Or even pay courses with an instructor on the web?

Reply to
zalzon

zalzon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Check out Jack Ganssle's web site.

--
- Mark ->
Mark A. Odell

I think it's a very good site!

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry        ncherry@comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)

Jack seems to like my online course. He gave it a quick review and gave me permission to post a short comment. It's based on the 4-day instructor-led course I offer (although only in volume now, unfortunately). Read through the instructor-led content, synopsis and student feedback to get a better feel for the course. You can also view the Introduction section for free, although the good stuff is later in the course.

...Tom

--
Tom Sheppard
Real-Time Fundamentals instructor-led and web-based training courses