Are there any 8051 C++ compilers ?

This might be true, or it might not. Either way, I don't see it as a valid reason for OS vendors to eliminate features used by those who do know what they desire.

So let's try it this way:

A more optimistic view is that an amazing achievement of the computer software industry is its continuing use of the steady and staggering gains made by the computer hardware industry to implement systems that many computer users desire. ^^^^

Yes, and IBM's Thomas J. Watson is reported to be of the opinion that "there might be a world market for maybe five computers." They both are guilty of failing to have been in possesion of 100% accurate crystal balls. So what?

Do you think you could write an OS and supporting programs that provide Window's current functionality and performance in 640K of RAM?

Given Microsoft's success in the market, it seems that a great many Windows users are willing to accept it.

One more thing: You guys who so much love to hate "Billy Gates" make me laugh. You make him out to be the mother of all computing evils, but I cannot imagine that any of you would hesitate for even an instant to be in his place.

          Michael Kesti            |  "And like, one and one don't make
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael R. Kesti

Here is just what you want-a-stripped-down-OS people are looking for.

          Michael Kesti            |  "And like, one and one don't make
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael R. Kesti

and what is that?

"there

of

what?

tell me what windows' current functionality needs 64M? they keep drawing 2d boxes on the screen...an idea that wasnt from them... the worst thing is that microsoft has TONS of resources, so i'd think they could write an optimized OS, they just dont want to, cause then you wouldnt need a 3GHz processor just to send emails, and Intel et al. will see that people wont buy new computers, and wont buy new OS' either... tell me why would a home user need a 3GHz processor if he just wants to surf the web, send emails and chat?! that's wasted computing power, wasted power consumption (cause desktop computer dont come with "M" processors), wasted everything! but what the heck, business are business...

Windows

i believe their "success" is because you get windows preinstalled and because of their dumping policy...among other "policies"... for most people, there's no choice but to use micro$hit

maybe you? why would anybody want to be "hated" and treated like he is?

Reply to
roller