Architectures - 68HC908?

I was asking about 8051 vs. PIC vs. AVR.  Should I be looking at 68HC908?
What is it like?

Re: Architectures - 68HC908?

Could be a good choice.

Like a stripped-down 6800...

Re: Architectures - 68HC908?

If you throw the gates wide open there will be a
stampede of suggestions and you will end more confused
then ever.  Usenet is just like real-life, only more so.

It would be a great help in providing some intelligent
suggestions (Pull the other one gov', it's got bells
on it.) if we knew more about the application.  You have
said it is for a course, but is it:

o Undergrad, high-school, tech-college

o Introductory course in uP, or
o Course in embedded systems, or
o 'Build your own robot' circus or
o Homework assignment to select a uC

Can you provide more information?

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Consulting Engineer:  Electronics; Informatics; Photonics.

Seems to me more like a souped up 6805.

Re: Architectures - 68HC908?

It's a floor wax *and* a dessert topping!

Site Timeline