Architecture for Low voltage, High Speed, Switched-Capacitor Sigma-Delta modulator.

Hi, All:

For low-voltage (1-Volt), low power (nW), high speed ( IF > 10MHz), switched-capacitor sigma-delta modulator design,

  1. Use Switched opamp for solve low voltage.
  2. Double sampled feed into integrator for high speed.
  3. Pseudo n path on single opamp for low power.

Question:

  1. Switched Opamp (SO) increases power consumption in every critical switch, double sampled, double power.

  1. Does it is possible to accomplish bandpass sigma delta modulator using only ONE opamp (Integrator) working in Pseudo n path architecture.

Please give any suggestion or comment, thanks a lot!

Boki.

Reply to
boki

My comment is that this smells like homework and that comp.arch.embedded is not the best place to find answers, even assuming someone knowledgeable wants to tackle your homework. If that isn't the case, what is your application, and who selected the approach that you are targeting and why?

My analog is pretty weak, but I am interested in seeing how you sample, integrate, and modulate 10 MHz using a nanowatt!

Thad

Reply to
Thad Smith