anyone interested in a standalone car mp3 player ? - Page 2

Re: anyone interested in a standalone car mp3 player ?

 read previous posts...it's not a transmitter it's a modulator..

Re: anyone interested in a standalone car mp3 player ?

We're talking about FM here --- every device that is a modulator is
automatically a transmitter, too, unless you encapsulate it completely,
which would render it relatively useless.

But yes, I hadn't seen all replies when I posted.  But even so, you
seem to be re-inventing a wheel.  Use one of those low-power
transmitters, put an antenna jack on it, connect both that and the
main antenna to an antenna mixer, and you have got essentially the
exact device you're talking about.

Re: anyone interested in a standalone car mp3 player ?

...systems like Itrip are a failure !

Re: anyone interested in a standalone car mp3 player ?

And what does that tell us, if not that the answer to your original
question is "nobody will want that"?

Re: anyone interested in a standalone car mp3 player ?

Often with less than stellar sound quality though.

Usually you have to trick the head unit into believing there is a
CD-changer attaceh before it enables those inputs. Different methods
for different brands, sometimes requires reverse enginering of
proprietary protocols.

Well, as already pointed out, the original poster didn't intend to do
that. Patching the signal into the antenna cable isn't a new idea
though, adapters have been commercially available for over a decade,
but they tend to be a bit pricey.

/Henrik

Re: anyone interested in a standalone car mp3 player ?

...but there is nothing integrated in a single small unit that plays mp3s.

Re: anyone interested in a standalone car mp3 player ?
cassette

This is an understatement. With one of those crap devices, one would be
better off by far if he or she would just listen to a cassette.

Rene

Re: anyone interested in a standalone car mp3 player ?
Hi Antonio -
I'm aware of CD and radio combined decks for car installation, which can
play MP3 CDs already. I'm not sure of my memory, one of the bigger
manufacturers...
Does your planned device will make something behind that?

ciao -
Henry

--

<Schau auch mal auf meine Homepage www.ehydra.dyndns.info>
<u.a. Versand von Wasserflohzuchtansatz, Wasserpflanzen/-schnecken,