Mark Hahn

Reply to
mhahn

Talk to Attila at 4dsystems.com.au

He sells a complete unit, but must have a source for the bits.

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

Look into Averlogic. I've had great trouble getting one of their chips (AL250) to work but in theory, they would have what you want.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

On a sunny day (3 May 2007 14:50:16 -0700) it happened snipped-for-privacy@hvc.rr.com wrote in :

I am using Philips SAA5246 teletext encoder. Dunno if that one is still in production, but many places have it, anyways some similar ones should be. It requires an external SRAM, but there are versions with internal RAM IIRC. You send and read data to it via i2c. Full genlock, RGB out, and composite out with BW characters. Supports simple graphics. If you need drivers I have these (open source).

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Yes, pretty hard to find these days eh ?

I'm currently using the uPD6467 in a few projects. It's a strange thing to program, and the quality is the same as a VCR from the eighties - but it does the job if you don't expect too much of it.

We order from Sascoholz in the Netherlands, they sell small quantaties as well.

--
:wq
^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C

Hey Ico, thanks for the pointer to Sascoholz. They have at least heard of the uPD6465 (but I have to beg and plead to get a price quote, sigh).

The uPD6467 looks like its intended for RGB video. Are you using it in a composite video application? The data sheets talks about VC1 and VC2 outputs but I haven't read enough to know if that will work for what I want. Are there any app notes for it that you know of? I couldn't find anything on the NEC site.

Thanks,

Mark

Reply to
mhahn

Mark,

I guess that email address is not valid, as atilla AT 4dsystems.com.au sent you a message and data sheets, redarding being able to assist you.

Email me, or him direct.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Hi Mark,

Maxim has just introduced a new part that is intended to serve th composit video OSD market. It will be introduced in 07/2007. The part i MAX7456. An eval kit is available.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
tonyc