Any project for embedded system design (entry level)?

Dear all,

Can anybody suggest me a project (open source or part-time job or intern)?I need a project to develop my skills.

I am targeting at embedded system sofware or firmware for wireless multimedia application, such as device driver, assembly programming, DSP programming, RTOS porting and so on.

My skills:

  1. I am excellent in C++ programming and have working experiences in compiler design and multimedia processing. I am also good at wireless protocol design.

  1. I am good at verilog programming and IC design for multimedia application by using Synopsys and Cadence. Currently I am focusing on FPGA prototyping.

  2. I have a little working experiences in device drivers for WinNT and MCU based board design.

  1. I am firmiliar with DSP programming, ucLinux and ARM based embedded system. But no working experiences. I am interested in them and need them.

I can do the project(no paid). Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks,

Reply to
Lee

(A) Pick up a target system with an USB slave connection, or add the USB connectivity to a target system.

(B) Add GDB (GNU debugger) USB connectivity to the GDB remote protocol options.

USB connection debugging with GDB is a most wanted addition to GDB, as I understand it.

Regards,

- Thierry Moreau

Reply to
Thierry Moreau

See

It is already configured as a JTAG host. The USB connection uses an FTDI chip, so drivers are readily available for common OSes. Our ARM JTAG debugger is scheduled for Q4/2004 providing that we don't get too much additional work.

Stephen

-- Stephen Pelc, snipped-for-privacy@INVALID.mpeltd.demon.co.uk MicroProcessor Engineering Ltd - More Real, Less Time

133 Hill Lane, Southampton SO15 5AF, England tel: +44 (0)23 8063 1441, fax: +44 (0)23 8033 9691 web:
- free VFX Forth downloads
Reply to
Stephen Pelc