any PIC suggestions- Magnetic Stripe Reader

I am trying to build a magnetic stripe reader for my design project.
basically I will obtain two signals (data + clock) out of one signal
(F2F). I am thinking of using 12C672, what do you think?

MemeT

Re: any PIC suggestions- Magnetic Stripe Reader

for Track1 and Track2 you will need about 100 bytes of memory where to
keep the raw log data which later to check/interpret especially if you
are going to do bi-directional logging i.e. scan forward and then
reverse logged data for valid info.
12C672 will not do the job, IMO PIC16F628 will do the job fine

Best regards
Tsvetan
---
PCB prototypes for $26 at http://run.to/pcb
(http://www.olimex.com/pcb )
Re: any PIC suggestions- Magnetic Stripe Reader
--for Track1 and Track2 you will need about 100 bytes of memory where

I will only read track 2, but I think it is better to use a
microcontroller with a flash memory since I am going to have to reload
it many times. however I will not need so many pins, I think I need 4
I/O pins at most. so some 16-18 pins devices is to much for me. so can
suggest any 8 pin devices?

thank you

MemeT

Re: any PIC suggestions- Magnetic Stripe Reader

12F629 have 64 bytes of RAM, you can try with it

Best regards
Tsvetan
---
PCB prototypes for $26 at http://run.to/pcb (http://www.olimex.com/pcb )