Any other sites apart from Digikey for components?

I am trying to make a list of sites that provide for costing and procurement of components (for pricing my BOM but ultimately for purchasing of course...).

I know of

but am sure there are others (like
but it's not free...).

So what are the other sites worth having in my arsenal for component pricing and purchasing?

Thanks!

Reply to
ElderUberGeek

(includes Digikey)

For NA leaves out only those cases where is chip is franchised only to a company like Arrow.

Robert

Reply to
Robert Adsett

Oh, and if you use Firefox there's a little search thingy so you can just search from the toolbar w/o needing to go through the heavy labour of traveling to the site ;)

Robert

Reply to
Robert Adsett

For BOM pricing to customers, I use the "big three" retailers - Digi- Key, Mouser and Newark. For actual purchasing of noncritical parts [for prototypes!], I use a variety of smaller sources who deal partly or mostly with surplus; e.g. Jameco.

As a rule, I find Digi-Key pricing is a very good estimate for build qties from say 200-5000pcs. For very small qties or larger qties, the pricing isn't really accurate.

Reply to
larwe

- A wrapper site, that searches many distis, including Digikey, Mouser, jameco etc

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

I get great service and good prices from Mouser

Hershel

I believe my wife recently had a discussion with Arrow that went something like this..

W: I got your pricing on xx-xxxx and I can get it cheaper at Digikey.

A: Then we'll give you the Digikey price.

W: It would save us all time if you'd just check the Digikey price before you quote, knowing we'll buy it there if it's cheaper.

A: We can't do that...

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Digikey has very good part search. Prices are competitive on larger quantities.

Mouser has very good search, which finds equivalent parts too.

Arrownac.com has excellent prices, but website and search suck.

Findchips.com will show you prices and breaks for biggest distributors and surplus stockers.

Roman

--
www.dipmicro.com - My Electronic Component and Project Store
www.findspec.com - My Electronic Component Datasheet Search Engine