any Lantronix Xport users

Just been looking through the docs of the Xport webserver at

and on page

its says: Internal Web Server Serves web pages Storage Capacity 384Kbytes

but I cant find anything in the info about how to load the web pages into the beast. It does mention Java somewhere though!

Any pointers, cos it looks useful, (and I'm a bit out of my depth)

thanks

martin

Serious error. All shortcuts have disappeared. Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Reply to
martin griffith

Call Pick Pummel from AlphaMicro in the UK or mail him at Nick_P at alphamicro dot net He knows all about them beasts and is very helpful.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

many thanks

martin

Serious error. All shortcuts have disappeared. Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Reply to
martin griffith

Going back to over a year ago, I seem to recall that you put your web pages into a folder, then run some sort of packaging program on it, a bit like zip. Then you upload it to the XPort. I think that for some arcane reason the file couldn't be more than 64k and the web space was partitioned in 6 pages. It is a very good idea to copy the original applets because once you overwrite the page with the manufacturer's applets, you have lost them. They aren't supplied in the software package.

If you want to control the serial port through the web page then you need to write some Java, and compile it into an applet that sits on the web page. The Java was really simple to write, you just open a network socket and read and write to a particular port.

Peter

Reply to
Peter