any Lantronix Xport users

Just been looking through the docs of the Xport webserver at
http://www.lantronix.com/support/documentation.html#embds

and on page
http://www.lantronix.com/device-networking/embedded-device-servers/xport.html

its says:
Internal Web Server
Serves web pages
Storage Capacity     384Kbytes

but I cant find anything in the info about how to load the web pages
into the beast. It does mention Java somewhere though!

Any pointers, cos it looks useful, (and I'm a bit out of my depth)

thanks

martin

 Serious error.
   All shortcuts have disappeared.
      Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Re: any Lantronix Xport users
http://www.lantronix.com/device-networking/embedded-device-servers/xport.html

Call Pick Pummel from AlphaMicro in the UK or mail him at   Nick_P at
alphamicro dot net
He knows all about them beasts and is very helpful.

Meindert

Re: any Lantronix Xport users
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:35:25 +0100, in comp.arch.embedded "Meindert

many thanks

martin

 Serious error.
   All shortcuts have disappeared.
      Screen. Mind. Both are blank.

Re: any Lantronix Xport users

Going back to over a year ago, I seem to recall that you put your web pages
into a folder, then run some sort of packaging program on it, a bit like
zip. Then you upload it to the XPort. I think that for some arcane reason
the file couldn't be more than 64k and the web space was partitioned in 6
pages. It is a very good idea to copy the original applets because once you
overwrite the page with the manufacturer's applets, you have lost them. They
aren't supplied in the software package.

If you want to control the serial port through the web page then you need to
write some Java, and compile it into an applet that sits on the web page.
The Java was really simple to write, you just open a network socket and read
and write to a particular port.

Peter

Site Timeline