Any Good USENET Newsgroups or Web-Based Forums for ARM?

Hi,

I'm using the TI Stellaris (ARM-based) for the first time.

Are there any good ARM USENET newsgroups or web-based forums?

Thanks, Dave Ashley

Reply to
David T. Ashley

There's a reasonable amount of good stuff here; depending on the level of detail you want the forums on SparkFun can have some nice (if basic) info.

Compare and contrast the length of the errata and the price and availability of comparable parts from TI vs. ST before you design-in for sure: I'd been using Stellaris exclusively until a customer gently took my blinders off and pointed me at the ST offerings. NXP has some nice stuff, too, although I haven't looked at it closely.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

If you are using the Stellaris part, the Stellaris forum would be a good port of call to start off:

Regards, Richard.

/FreeRTOS-Plus Designed for Microcontrollers. More than 7000 downloads per month.
Reply to
FreeRTOS info

Tim, Since I'm hot on the trail of ARM M3s at the moment, What's the full name for ST please?

Reply to
Bruce Varley

Tim's talking about ST Microelectronics.

See

to get started.

Be warned that STM had a terrible website redesign about a year ago which made it's website unusable unless Flash was installed although things seem to have improved since then (at least the last time I looked; the massively negative feedback obviously finally got through to them).

Simon.

Simon Clubley

It's still bad. The main concession seems to be that in addition to a terrible Flash-based product selector they now also have a terrible HTML-based product selector.

-a

Reply to
Anders.Montonen

I never found that. I found a page that describes how to use a product selector, but no selector and no links to anything else. !! It's like they've never heard of hyperlinks.

Mel.

Reply to
Mel Wilson

I said it was improved; I didn't say it was perfect. :-)

Try using Google to search the ST site. I just did (as a example) a Google search for:

site:st.com stm32f4

and got a link to:

From that link I can browse the available resources and download documents for the STM32F4 range. You do need Javascript enabled and the HTML browser is seriously bloated, but it did at least work (rather slowly however) unlike the redesigned website from a year ago.

BTW, I am using Firefox on Linux without Flash installed in case it matters.

Personally, I find the Atmel and the (ICS) NXP sites to be far better.

Simon.

Simon Clubley

It's still bad enough that I prefer not to go there. Hardly a good thing but I guess the glitz impresses their marketroids more than usability.

A good high-level overview of the family is at:

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

When I Googled, one of the top hits was to Mouser, and their page was actually pretty good. Led to several useful, if isolated, pages in the ST site.

Mel.

Reply to
Mel Wilson