ANNOUNCE: TimingAnalyzer version beta 0.87

Hi All,

A new version of the TimingAnalyzer, beta 0.87, is now available. The following improvements and changes are new since the last version.

1) Changed the user interface to be more windows like. Click to select objects. Hold Ctrl key down and click to select multiple objects. Click in empty area to deselect all the select objects.

2) Drag the mouse anytime draws a select rectangle to select objects. Previously, you needed to hold down the alt and drag

3) Fixed saving images to selected directory in file chooser dialog.

4) Changed all DTT object references to PulseWidthLabel objects.

5) Fixed all commands that move edges do not move DigitalClocks edges now.

6) Changed Ctrl Up key combination to Alt Up when moving delay, constraint, and PulseWidthLabels up in the diagram. Ctrl Up is used by the JTabbedPane so users can hit Ctrl up and left and right to select a diagram in other tab panes.

7) Save as dialog does not display when just saving (Ctrl-S). When exiting the application, the save as dialog displays for each file that has been modified by not saved.

8) Fixed file needs to be saved when selecting or deselecting objects.

9) Standard Edition Features enabled until 9/13/08 for trail and testing. All beta versions will have the SE features enabled until the final release.

10) Working SE Features currently include savings images in other formats such as eps, pdf, svg, png, and gif, and also the scripting interface.

You can download and use it at:

timinganalyzer

...snip...

Could I suggest that you add a forum to your web site and announce your product releases there? That is what most projects like yours do. Announcing it in multiple newsgroups is really no different from other spam.

How about you give it a rest? Besides, I think you are over estimating the demand for your product. I have only seen a small indication of any interest in this product. If it is any good and there is a need, customers will find you by word of mouth.

Rick

Reply to
rickman

Well, most news client software knows to supress subsequent encounters with a properly cross-posted message. I certainly haven't seen any complaints, and lots of interest in it

I dunno, I think it's pretty handy. For myself I'd probably mostly use it for documentation but overall, a good addition to the toolkit.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Are you saying that because you like the software it is ok for him to use this newsgroup to post the release notes?

This has been discussed here before. Some people seem to think it is ok to make any commercial post *they* want. Either commercial posts are ok or they are not. Do you think that all vendors should use this forum to advertise their products?

Rick

Reply to
rickman