ANN - hashlib revised.

I have revised my hashlib package, it can now handle something like

48,000,000 entries. At this level (about 8,000,000 up) you may run into problems with your systems malloc/free package. However it evinces no problems with my revised nmalloc package for DJGPP. The interface is unchanged, so previous users should be able to drop in the new package to expand the capacity.

Both hashlib and nmalloc are available at:

On my system an insert takes about 5 uSec. This is a P3, 450 Mhz, with 512k memory. Once the virtual memory system starts to be used the system will slow down seriously.

CBFalconer