Angel Boot monitor, can be replaced?

Hello

If I have a EB40A board from atmel and accidently delete the angel
debug monitor, will i be able to restore it? is the angel code
available to download?

Re: Angel Boot monitor, can be replaced?

No but it's on the ARM Firmware Suite CD which was shipped with every ARM
development board under the sun but probably not with your Atmel board. It
shouldn't be difficult to obtain a copy though. Obviously you need a
compiler.

Don't know about the Atmel boards but the ARM boards have a minmal monitor
in ROM and you can reflash them using the serial port.

-p
--
 "What goes up must come down, ask any system administrator

Re: Angel Boot monitor, can be replaced?

That CD doesn't come with the Atmel boards. Also I don't think generic
code will run on them.

If you blow away Angel, you blow away the boot monitor too. JTAG
hardware is required.

Site Timeline