An Embedded Invitation

I recently took over as the moderator of the misc.business.product-dev
newsgroup.  It is my intention to make it into a good resource for all
aspects of product development.

I have set up moderation software and have tested it with a few
low-volume threads, and I am now ready to invite more users.

Here is how the moderation works:

Crossposts to one other non-moderated newsgroup are allowed and welcome.
That way you can simply keep posting here as you usually do except for
crossposting to comp.arch.embedded,misc.business.product-dev instead of
just posting to comp.arch.embedded.

I will approve your first post (expect a delay until the next time I
log in as moderator - I do this several times per day) and will add
you to the whitelist so that all future posts by you are autoapproved
without delay.  I will also be whitelisting many threads.

All posts will be approved unless they are obvious spam or off-topic
trolling.  This, by the way, gives you a chance to have a conversation
about product development in a newsgroup that is full of trolls and
flamers; simply crosspost to misc.business.product-dev. read the thread
in misc.business.product-dev, and I will reject any trolling, flaming,
political/religious posts, etc.  I will *not* censor posts for content
as long as they have at least a marginal connection with product
development.

I have the ability to give others the power to moderate, and the
software to do so is web-based and easy to use, so if anyone is
interested, let me know.

Right now misc.business.product-dev is pretty much a dead group, but
I am hoping that I can revive it.  I can't do it alone, so I am asking
for your help.

Re: An Embedded Invitation

[%X]

Seems like a worthwhile effort Guy. Sorry. too much else on to be a
moderator but congrats on the position anyway.

Re: An Embedded Invitation

Guy,

I realy would like to see this group come to live. I'm also a long-time
comp.arc.embedded reader, and find it one of the most interesting
groups on usenet, and the only one i read daily.

I also posted product-development related subjects to
comp.arch.embedded (Regarding Product Data management, QFD etc) and
always received very good feedback.

But i also feel the need for discussing more general and broader
subjects than the 'embedded' part. (ea Product Selection, Product
portfolio, Writing Requirements...)

What would be the scope of this revived group ? Product Development can
be pretty broad  ? Is a service also a product for example ? Any
thoughts on it  ?

Stijn

Re: An Embedded Invitation

the broad category of topics would be welcome and discussable.