Ampro Little Board 700 and DOS/Linux/Windows 2000

What Integrated Development Enironment () could I use for an Ampro embedded PC that has both DOS on one partion and Timesys Linux on the other? The Borland C++ Builder running on my desktop for development would not work because Builder 6.0 will not generate 16 bit console applicationes like 5.5 did.

Should I put Windows 2000 on my embedded PC? I am just using the embedded PC for proof-of-concept with porting eventualy to a smaller target system using probably the PowerPC, and have not determined the OS.

Should I buy Botland's Turbo C++ Suite ($69.95)?

There are many other choices too, but I don't want to buy anything else.

What about the Timesys Linux that came with the Ampro Little Board

700? Is there there a free IDE or command line compiler for that? And I heard that Linux may cost soemthing soon due to a law suite. Maybe I should stay away from Linux?
Reply to
Brian Farmer

Timesys Linux - I would assume that you got some kind of IDE, try it. [It should contain editors, compiler, linker, libraries, webservers, ...] The IDE could be named Eclipse, KDeveloper, or emacs :-)

Why do you want 16 bit applications on a Pentium III?

How much is Windows for PowerPC? I guess the only available version is some early Windows NT - is it still available? :-)

You can probably run the compiler on the embedded board - connect power, keyboard, mouse, display.

Not unless you are going to make a multiprocessor embedded computer - unlikely. (All fuss is about high end server stuff SMP/RCU/...)

For more information about Linux on embedded computer systems see

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson
Skellefteå