Ampro Little Board 700 and DOS/Linux/Windows 2000

What Integrated Development Enironment () could I use for an Ampro
embedded PC that has both DOS on one partion and Timesys Linux on the
other? The Borland C++ Builder running on my desktop for development
would not work because Builder 6.0 will not generate 16 bit console
applicationes like 5.5 did.

Should I put Windows 2000 on my embedded PC? I am just using the
embedded PC for proof-of-concept with porting eventualy to a smaller
target system using probably the PowerPC, and have not determined the
OS.

Should I buy Botland's Turbo C++ Suite ($69.95)?
http://shop.borland.com/dr/v2/Ec_Main.entry24?SP10%023&PN=1&V137%8440&xid39%696&search_id14%867739&doc_id=6&DSP=&CUR84%0&PGRP=0&CACHE_ID=0

There are many other choices too, but I don't want to buy anything
else.

What about the Timesys Linux that came with the Ampro Little Board
700? Is there there a free IDE or command line compiler for that? And
I heard that Linux may cost soemthing soon due to a law suite. Maybe I
should stay away from Linux?

Re: Ampro Little Board 700 and DOS/Linux/Windows 2000

Timesys Linux - I would assume that you got some kind of IDE, try it.
[It should contain editors, compiler, linker, libraries, webservers, ...]
The IDE could be named Eclipse, KDeveloper, or emacs :-)

Why do you want 16 bit applications on a Pentium III?

How much is Windows for PowerPC? I guess the only available version
is some early Windows NT - is it still available? :-)

You can probably run the compiler on the embedded board - connect
power, keyboard, mouse, display.

Not unless you are going to make a multiprocessor embedded computer -
unlikely. (All fuss is about high end server stuff SMP/RCU/...)

For more information about Linux on embedded computer systems see
http://www.linuxdevices.com /

/RogerL
--
Roger Larsson