AMD Geode reference design

Theyve released reference designs... is anyone selling them? They must
be cheap since noone is designing it.

If not, can I just send the design to olimex and try to solder the
parts and be all successful?

Lastly, will people here be interested in cheaper geode reference
boards if I do a larger batch? I'm looking at the LX.

Re: AMD Geode reference design

Unfortunately, the released layouts (Thin client) are for an outdated
CRT only version of GX.  Long term supply is questionable.  However, it
is good reference for a new layout.  I would suggest to build the one
in the SBC version.  Unfortunately, they are not releasing the layouts
for it, I asked.

Noop, they won't do 10 layers with 5 mils lines and 8 mils holes.  We
have to do it in our factory.

Yes, if you build it with the new chip, not the old chip.  If you build
the SBC version, I am ready to buy some.

Re: AMD Geode reference design

Sorry, my mistake, it's just taking a long time.  They send me an early
release of the 4 layers SBC.  I think it will be released soon.  This
seems to be everything we need without modifications.  Geode 466 MHz,
Sodimm 512MB, CRT and LCD, 44 pins IDE, USB and ethernet.

We will go make a batch, anyone interested?  I think it will be around
$100 without the memory.

Re: AMD Geode reference design

Which form factor ?

Re: AMD Geode reference design

5.25" x 5" x 2" in a custom plastic case and external wall mounted
power plug.  Approximately 3 to 4 Watts of average power.  All sources
provided.  Our client would not commit to a new design without the
sources (schematics and layouts).  They want to make sure we continue
to make the board, or they will.

Site Timeline