AMD Geode reference design

Theyve released reference designs... is anyone selling them? They must be cheap since noone is designing it.

If not, can I just send the design to olimex and try to solder the parts and be all successful?

Lastly, will people here be interested in cheaper geode reference boards if I do a larger batch? I'm looking at the LX.

Reply to
Ghazan Haider

Unfortunately, the released layouts (Thin client) are for an outdated CRT only version of GX. Long term supply is questionable. However, it is good reference for a new layout. I would suggest to build the one in the SBC version. Unfortunately, they are not releasing the layouts for it, I asked.

Noop, they won't do 10 layers with 5 mils lines and 8 mils holes. We have to do it in our factory.

Yes, if you build it with the new chip, not the old chip. If you build the SBC version, I am ready to buy some.

Reply to
linnix

Sorry, my mistake, it's just taking a long time. They send me an early release of the 4 layers SBC. I think it will be released soon. This seems to be everything we need without modifications. Geode 466 MHz, Sodimm 512MB, CRT and LCD, 44 pins IDE, USB and ethernet.

We will go make a batch, anyone interested? I think it will be around $100 without the memory.

Reply to
linnix

Which form factor ?

Reply to
Wim Godden

5.25" x 5" x 2" in a custom plastic case and external wall mounted power plug. Approximately 3 to 4 Watts of average power. All sources provided. Our client would not commit to a new design without the sources (schematics and layouts). They want to make sure we continue to make the board, or they will.
Reply to
linnix