Alternative for Silabs (cygnal)

Hi all,

Is there a good alternative for the cygnal processors?
- In System Programmable
- In Application Programmable
- Small packages (footprints) available (like the MLP11)
- Not to expansive development tools
- Wide range family
- Cheap (cheaper then the silabs)
- Reliable (not the same flash problems as the Silabs)
- It don't have to be 8051 cores.

Regards
Gerard

Re: Alternative for Silabs (cygnal)

Look at the LPC900 family from Philips, Atmel's AVR, or MSP430 from TI.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh
Autometer GmbH Siegen - Elektronik nach Maß.

I use SiLabs SOC devices because I need the high resolution analog
peripherals. Haven't found anything else that will cut it. Unfortunately,
the analog performance comes with a hefty power hit...

Bob

Re: Alternative for Silabs (cygnal)

Look at the ADuC8xx series from Analog Devices.  Like all they have their
pros and cons. Some have multiple channels of 12/16/24 bit ADC and 12 bit
DAC.  8051/8052 cores, 64K Flash, 4K EEPROM, 2K RAM.  All the usual
peripherals.  Cheap eval kits.

Scott

Re: Alternative for Silabs (cygnal)

Smallest package anyone can get with an AVR is the ATtiny13 in a  4 x 4 mm
but this is not ready for production by far.

--
Best Regards
Ulf at atmel dot com