AKM4552 Sample rates

I am looking at using the AKM4552 stereo codec in a new application because of its small size, low power and high sample rates. But I have a concern with the age of the part that it may be obsoleted in a couple of years. I guess I will have to take that up with the AKM rep.

Are there any other parts that I have missed that can fit this socket which may be newer and have longer legs? Most of the parts I have found are either in BGA/chip scale packages or have so many leads that they have to be in fairly large packages.

I need a part that can support a 96 kHz sample rate on two channels, run with 20 mA of current (10 mA per channel) and fit in a space of about 8x6 mm using a leaded package. I also prefer that it use a simple interface, not AC97 or similar protocols.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
rickman

[...]

PCM1803

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Opps, the part number is AK4552, not AKM4552. AKM is the maker.

rickman wrote:

Reply to
rickman

Thanks for the reply, but this part is only an ADC, not a codec.

Reply to
rickman