Again which micro controller for electromagnetic noisy environments

Dear Friends,

I am about to chose a micro controller for another power control unit application. Earlier I used Renesas (26 series) it was immune enough. Fo my new application I need some new features like self programmin controller which can update its firmware with a new version from a seria port ,better tools support, at least 3 serial ports, no limitation i using all serial ports ( in Renesas 26 series ,while using debugger on serial port does not work). For this new application I am considering AV , but I am doubtful about its immunity to noisy enviroment like powe switching ( 230V AC , 60A contactor switching taking place within a radiu of 1 feet )

Does any have experience in using AVR in noisy environment say powe switching or automotive applications.

I am aware that bette layout and engineering guidelines should b followed. But inspite of that I may get problems if the controller is sensitive.

Any suggestions

Thanks in advance

Narender Rao

Reply to