After the prototype

Hey folks,

I have a design I have completed (electrically, anyway) and have been testing it.

I am now ready to take it to the next level and have a company help professionally package it and ready it for production, and possibly make the first batch.

Can anyone recommend such a company?

Reply to
JohnH

Yes, we do PCB and SMT assembly, plastic injection moldings and sheet metal stampings. You can get online estimate at:

linnix

JohnH schrieb:

I guess there are plenty.

You should provide some information about where you are located (Australia? Japan? Europe? USA?), most probably you're best off with a local company.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh
http://www.autometer.de - Elektronik nach Maß.

Local would be nice - I'm in the Richmond VA, USA area - but I'm also interested in seeing which companies can take a design electronically and "run with it". In this case, geographic location *should* be of less importance.

Reply to
JohnH

This is a rather odd site - it looks like data inputs for raw board manufacturing. My board is 2 layer; this doesn't support it I guess.

And I'm not sure what the unlabeled edit fields are, where do I spec enclosures etc., and where I might see some work examples. The green stripes made it that much more difficult to read too.

Reply to
JohnH

It should support 2 layers. You need to enter the board size and hit the recalc a couple of time. The text field will show rough cost estimate. However, actual cost would depends on your design.

Enclosure would require one or two plastic injection molded parts. If you hit the "quote button with your email", we will send you some more information. The reason we have to do this is to avoid all the spammers hiting our mail server. We get popular real quick in newsgroups postings.

Reply to
linnix

I work for a company that does exactly what you're looking for (duke-river.com). Things to think about:

- What is your market? Depending on the industry and geographic location, you may need to develop the unit under design controls/quality system, and comply with various regulations (FDA/ISO/IEC/FCC/UL....)

- What level of industrial design (i.e.., "look and feel") do you need? This can have considerable impact on your choice

JohnH wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy richard

there are too many companies who will make you a batch, pick any. The real question is what is it you want? The problem with turning ideas into money is marketing. Take some water mix a little sugar make it brown nothing great there you might think, but with some marketing you have the worlds biggest trademark.

Reply to
cbarn24050

Do you want to make it in Indonesia ?

It's far far away country with cheap labour cost.

I can help you with the deals.

-kunil ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com)

Reply to
kunil

Skilled or Unskilled labours? How's the technical skills in that region? Namely, Cad/Cam designs, Circuit layouts, SMT assembles, plastic and cast iron moldings and sheet metal stampings? We usually need all of these in a relatively small geographical area.

We got a batch of circuit boards from an unnamed country in that region. The solder masks and traces breakdown during assembly, let alone operations. Sometimes, cost is not the only issue and you have to try it to know the problems.

Reply to
linnix

Hmm...for CAD/CAM and circuit design, I know people who's layouting SBCs for acrosser taiwan

They are using Allegro CAD. They can layout almost 2000 components/board (PC motherboard standard).

For moldings and assembly, can be done by Honoris. Honoris Industry Indonesia is OEM manufacturer for Fujifilm cameras (and they do receive other companies OEM order) . Lately, they cooperate with lucent technologies (look at

For plastic mouldings, they are many of them here in Indonesia. I know some that is good (they manufacture casing for JVC Japan and household appliance).

But generally I think you are right, cost is not the only issue. Why not give me a chance to proove it =p

-kunil (kunilkuda at gmail.com)

Reply to
kunil