ADV: Embedded-design company in SoCal closing, everything must go.

Hi all,

After 15 years doing embedded designs, Gordian is closing its doors. We have gobs of things to get rid of, and little time to dispose of them. I apologize for this post reaching lots of people who aren't anywhere near us (Newport Beach, California), but we'd like to get our gear into the the hands of people who might actually use it.

A growing list of the things we have is at

along with an email address to contact for more info. Some things are already on Ebay, and some might be sold locally, so the list is subject to change quickly.

But in short: we have various HP analyzers, some machine shop tools, various electronic test things, office equipment, and lots of very nice cubicle systems. We have tubes of parts leftover from our (older) designs - mostly DIPs, but a few other types. We may or may not have time to build a list of parts that we have.

We also plan on having an open house December 5th and 6th, for those who want to see the items. A lot of things we'll probably give away, but we don't plan to ship them.

Again, sorry for the intrusion, for all you non-SoCal'ers.

bruce hafford software director gordian

Reply to
bruce hafford

Isn't the term "open house" usually intended for a company that isn't going out of business? You don't plan on shipping items that people may be willing to pay for, so instead you are just going to give them away?? Sounds like a company that was run into the ground by a bunch of geeks.

Reply to
Bob F.

It sounds better than "yard sale".

Have you every known people who have closed a company after 5, 10, 15, or more years of their lives are invested in it? Typically they just want it over with.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Yeah, that text was overly harsh, and I rewrote it a little while ago. We're willing to ship bigger/pricier purchases, of course. We just don't want to deal with people offering $20 for

150 AC power cords shipped to Thailand.

Sorry for the confusion.

bruce

Reply to