ADPCM Coder/Decoder

Hi, I need some technical information. I would like to know  if you can
supply us a software that can make a ADPCM or LPC coding and that is
implementable on a 16 bit microcontroller.
Our aim is to realize a voice board that can record  up to 8 minutes time on
static ram. So we suppose compress an voice stream to maximun 16 Kbit/sec.
thanks
fabio

Re: ADPCM Coder/Decoder
Fabio,

First, I don't know what is your quality goal however the ADPCM at
16kbit/s sounds very lousy. The lowest MIPS codec with the reasonable
quality at the bitrate below 16kbit/s is GSM 6.10. We can build one for
your CPU. My email is given at the website below:

http://www.abvolt.com

Vladimir Vassilevsky

DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant

Re: ADPCM Coder/Decoder