Adding buttons to GDB/Insight

Dear All,

Please forgive this cross-posting, but I wasn't sure which newgroup appeared to be the most appropriate, given the limited number of posts on this subject that I can find on Google Groups. If you know of a more appropriate group to contact please let me know.

Now to the question...

We are using GDB/Insight (well, sde-insight, it's a MIPS based system) for debugging. We've found an issue with our configuration that causes us problems when stepping through code, but we believe we can work round it by disabling interrupts round the steps. We can do this from the console in Insight, but it would be nice to add extra buttons on the source window to do this. The thing is, none of us here have much experience of Tcl/Tk (or incr-Tcl) so we're not sure how to go about it. We do realise we need to add some stuff into srcbar.itcl in the create_control_buttons{} function, but we're not sure what we need to put in there.

Essentially what we want to do in response to pressing the new button is:

call TCT_Control_Interrupts(0x8000) next call TCT_Control_Interrupts(0xff00)

(where TCT_Control_Interrups() is a Nucleus function).

If anyone has done anything similar, or knows what we should be looking for in the tcl code, please let me know. It will be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
John McCabe

Perhaps ask on the developer mailing list?

--

John Devereux
Reply to

John McCabe