add SD-RAM in ARM7

I have many SD-RAM ( 2M or 4M)  from pc , does any  try to add ram to a
LEON's schematic (philips LPC 2106)

TIA.

Re: add SD-RAM in ARM7
In my experience, even using SDRAM with SDRAM controllers is risky.. unless
you've seen the exact two parts work together, all is not absolutely
plug'n'play.  Adding it to a LPC2106 -- with no external bus -- sounds like
misery.  You'd probably need a second micro, with a SPI and an SDRAM
interface, to act as some kind of broker between the two.

Re: add SD-RAM in ARM7

unless
like

Re: add SD-RAM in ARM7

I've seen more than one using FPM and maybe one with EDO but SDRAM is
synchronous needs more effort to keep data rate to cpu,

--
that is because,

peter purple proclaims

Re: add SD-RAM in ARM7

If you want an ARM to talk to SDRAM, I recommend that you take a look at
the OKI ARM chip, the ML67400x and ML67500x lines.  The number for the
ROMless chips are ML67x001 and the Flash parts are ML67Qx002 or
ML67Qx003.  The '03 parts have 512 kB of Flash and the '02 parts have
256kB of Flash.  All parts have 32kB of SRAM and the 500x parts have 8kB
of cache.  The 400x parts run at 33 MHz and the 500x parts run at 60
MHz.

All parts have on chip ADC, PWM, 16550 UART, async SIO (like a UART),
I2C, a three wire sync SIO, 2 DMA channels and up to 42 GPIOs (of course
using the digital peripherals takes away from GPIO).  This is one nice
little chip!

We are going to use the ML67Q5003 and are getting a good price on it.
The Philips part with an external bus won't be out until Q4 of *next*
year.  The OKI parts are all shipping now.

The only difficulty is finding an eval board.  Cogent was supposed to be
making eval board to sell for $200 through Nohau and other
distributors.  But they seem to be a little slow getting the boards to
the public.  I think there is not a lot of margin on them at $200.  You
NO-SPAM*  if you are interested in the eval board.  I am getting a
loaner directly from OKI.

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

snipped-for-privacy@XYarius.com