add SD-RAM in ARM7

I have many SD-RAM ( 2M or 4M) from pc , does any try to add ram to a LEON's schematic (philips LPC 2106)

TIA.

Reply to
EZarm

In my experience, even using SDRAM with SDRAM controllers is risky.. unless you've seen the exact two parts work together, all is not absolutely plug'n'play. Adding it to a LPC2106 -- with no external bus -- sounds like misery. You'd probably need a second micro, with a SPI and an SDRAM interface, to act as some kind of broker between the two.

Reply to
Ian McBride

unless

like

Reply to
EZarm

I've seen more than one using FPM and maybe one with EDO but SDRAM is synchronous needs more effort to keep data rate to cpu,

-- that is because,

peter purple proclaims

below, the infamous big dollar scam list of email addresses, growing, appended here for those nice news bots to collect their email addresses and bombard them instead :)

benjamin snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com, williams snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.fr, "fprohanp" , mariam seseseko , "GEORGE JOHN" , "gerald abam" , , , , "tariq ani" , "Dr. Isa Gambo" , Rebeka Abubakar

Reply to
Peter_purple

If you want an ARM to talk to SDRAM, I recommend that you take a look at the OKI ARM chip, the ML67400x and ML67500x lines. The number for the ROMless chips are ML67x001 and the Flash parts are ML67Qx002 or ML67Qx003. The '03 parts have 512 kB of Flash and the '02 parts have

256kB of Flash. All parts have 32kB of SRAM and the 500x parts have 8kB of cache. The 400x parts run at 33 MHz and the 500x parts run at 60 MHz.

All parts have on chip ADC, PWM, 16550 UART, async SIO (like a UART), I2C, a three wire sync SIO, 2 DMA channels and up to 42 GPIOs (of course using the digital peripherals takes away from GPIO). This is one nice little chip!

We are going to use the ML67Q5003 and are getting a good price on it. The Philips part with an external bus won't be out until Q4 of *next* year. The OKI parts are all shipping now.

The only difficulty is finding an eval board. Cogent was supposed to be making eval board to sell for $200 through Nohau and other distributors. But they seem to be a little slow getting the boards to the public. I think there is not a lot of margin on them at $200. You might contact "Sten Larsson" *remove the NO-SPAM* if you are interested in the eval board. I am getting a loaner directly from OKI.

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

rick.collins@XYarius.com
removed.