ADC peripheral for Spartan3E

Hello Everyone, Any suggestions on a parallel ADC board (8 to 14 bits is fine) to interface with the Spartan3E development board. Would like to try something that someone can recommend in this forum. I'd have to use the hirose connector to interface the ADC and the FPGA board so I'll eventually have to use some type of adapter but that's fine. Thanks much, Luis

Reply to
wluiscam

interface

something that

board

If the one that is already on the board is too slow (1.25 MHz/channel, IIRC) you can get up to 200 MHz @ 8 bits from

Or are you looking for an increase in some other dimension (number of channels, etc.)?

--
David M. Palmer  dmpalmer@email.com (formerly @clark.net, @ematic.com)
Reply to

Thanks David, Seems like that acquisition board may work (I'm still analyzing the specs).

I can't use the on the board ADC because it's slow and I need a parallel ADC since I'm capturing grayscale pixel data from an image sensor.

Thanks again,

Reply to
wluiscam

If you want a simple video ADC at 8 bit see if you can locate some Philips/NXP TDA8703 devices, 8 bit prallel @ 40MHz.

Cheap devices in 24 pin SO or DIL packages.

If asking for video ADCs it is always best to say so first as there are many types of ADC.

    PC Services
 Timing Diagram Font
  GNU H8 - compiler & Renesas H8/H8S/H8 Tiny
 For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul Carpenter