ADC keeps outputting negative numbers, how?

I have some digital waveforms, during the idle interval, it's zero, while in active mode, some patterns are output. This waveform is send through DAC (TI DAC290x-EVM) and ADC (Analog AD9218). I am expecting a clean zeros during the idle interval, however the ADC output are not. How can I correct this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Frank

while in

Thank you Thad. I have a 4 channel oscilloscope and can see three ADC pins only. My digital signal is 20MS/s, 10us idle and 30us active. I channel of DAC is fed into oscilloscope and Q channel to ADC. From what I saw, during idle interval, bits 4,5,6 (0~9) have level changes during the idle and active interval.

I am setting DFS/GAIN pin to low for ADC board, and the DAC's I channel waveform lies between -20mV~20mV (idle) ~ 0.8V(active) on oscilloscope.