AD7731 conversion not working

Hello!

I have a problem with AD7731, I applied all of the signals to AD7731 and send the command for conversion start but never get RDY signal pulled low, signaling that conversion has finished.

I have checked signals sent to AD7731 and they seem ok.

Has anyone had same problems, how did you work it out?

Does anyone have any code for communication with AD7731, I'm using 8051 uC?

I'm using 11MHz quartz could that be the problem, they are mentioning

4.915MHz in datasheet?

Best regards, Mickey

Reply to
Mickey

If you read the data sheet, it says clearly that the clock range is 1 to 5 MHz. You're too far out.

When designing, read the tables of the data sheets *very* carefully, especially the footnotes. The crucial information often is hiding there. The hiding is called specmanship.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Thanx.

I guess you don't offten take time to read it all, and it is all pretty boring, anyways :)

I looked datasheet brefly so I obviously oversighted that small detail :) and of course I tried with 11MHz which I had in hand :)

Thanx again!

Mickey

Reply to
Mickey