AD: SV1000 Embedded Video Generator

Low Cost Single Chip Video Generator
Produces monochrome NTSC or PAL/SECAM compatible video
Works with Stamp, PIC, 8051, AVR, etc
64x100 Resolution Pixel graphics
3 Built in Fonts (8x8, 4x6, 3x5)
9600 N81 Serial Interface
Line Draw Command

The SV1000 Embedded Video Generator is  simple to use, low cost and
low-power.  Commands are sent to the SV1000 using a serial port
(9600N81).  The NTSC video output will drive a TV, VCR or any other
composite display.

http://www.speechchips.com/shop/item.asp?itemid29 %

Re: SV1000 Embedded Video Generator

Sounds like they are selling a programmed PIC chip on a board. I did a
similar project a few years back.

Nowadays why would you want blocky graphics when you can use something like
one of the Epson graphics engines to get a full TV resolution colour video?

Peter

Re: SV1000 Embedded Video Generator
Hi Peter,

I haven't seen any use an Epson graphics engine for a small embedded
project. Do you have any links?

Ken
www.speechchips.com

Re: SV1000 Embedded Video Generator

something like
video?

Unless you're talking about some part I've never seen, those Epson
parts are difficult to program, require a LOT of interconnects, and
come in surface-mount packages only.

I just wish this particular product had genlock capability. Overlay
would be useful to me; just a video output isn't, very much.

Re: SV1000 Embedded Video Generator

I'll have to look out the part number next week. I don't know much about the
chip other than it contains all the ram and D/A it needs. It's obviously a
lot more work interfacing it than just running a serial line. We have
systems with over 20 Epson video graphics chips all locked together. They
feed a bank of TVs so they have to lock otherwise the displays will beat due
to magnetic field interference.

Peter

Re: AD: SV1000 Embedded Video Generator
It may be blocky but for simple embedded projects its just about right
I did much the same thing using an acex FPGA just using the internal
ram as a dual port video memory,people burble on about high resolution
graphics but sometimes you just dont want the hassle.

Re: AD: SV1000 Embedded Video Generator

What is "it".  What is "the same thing"?  See my sig below for a
cure for this.

Re: AD: SV1000 Embedded Video Generator
IT is the resolution of the vga video generator the post originaly
pointed to :-)

Re: AD: SV1000 Embedded Video Generator

What post?  You appear to not get it - you need to quote context
from whatever you are replying to.  Other posts are not necessarily
available at the other end.  The google interface is fouled.  So
use the technique below in my sig.